Like the Android smartphones have launchers, Amazon Fire TV devices had the fantastic Home replacement application called FireStarter. But sadly, Firestarter App has been blacklisted by the Amazon. Don’t worry! I’m here to inform you that the new App is now available as AppStarter which works same as FireStarter but the lack of two main functionalities, i.e., Home button detection & automatic launching capability.
However, It remains as a best organizer & accessible way for Fire TV apps. AppStarter still can Install & updated KODI or SPMC. This post is to download AppStarter (FireStarter) APK file of Version 4.0.
Download Appstarter APK Free (Firestarter.APK)
Download Link to get Appstarter APK is here.
- Check out the best Live TV App known as Mobdro or UKTVnow APK for free Video streams to the Fire TV.
Features Of AppStarter
- It needs no rooting.
- Gathers all the user sideloaded/ADB installed Apps & customize them easily to access.
- You can press long click on an App to drag-and-drop it to any place.
- From the settings, you can make some Apps invisible on the Home screen.
- You can import settings from the previous Firestarter to the existing AppStarter App.
AppStarter Installation Steps
For the people who are looking to Installation guide of AppStarter on Fire TV (Box/Stick) can check it here.
1) Enable ADB Debugging & Apps from Unknown Sources from Settings, System, & Developers options.
2) Now, downloading ES Explorer File Manager to the Fire TV.
3) Later, Add the path (http://fs.bpx.li) & set name as Fire.4) Open the path to download a Zip file.
5) Extract the Appstarter.zip file to get Appstarter.APK file.
6) Click on the Install & follow the routine. Open the Appstarter once the installation finished.
7) For the default KODI installation update it to the latest version.
For the long detailed installation guide with Images, click here.
AppStarter APK File Information
- It is renamed as Appstarter Launcher
- Package Name: de.belu.Appstarter (It is changed to avoid another blacklisting from the Amazon)
- Latest Version: V4.0
The developer wants to keep the original flavors in the App as many of the users are interested in them. There is a forked Firestopper still useful to work like Firestarter application in many Fire TVs.
You can also continue using the old version Firestarter App with the help of this tutorial published by aftvnews.com.
Your Fire TV (Stick/Box) still has the older version of Firestarter, it will not update automatically. You need to install the Appstarter App from the above-given steps manually.
I hope I covered up everything you need to know about Appstarter (Firestarter APK) App. You can still have the best launcher App with the help of new version.